It was not hard to revamp this unit. All it took was some spray paint. I chose this one.
Sorry I did not get pictures of the process, I was so excited to get it done. But really, I don't think you need pictures. I just spray painted. Let it dry. Repeated. Of course I did it outside in the yard on a tarp.
Here is the finished product.
I use this unit to store my dish cloths, dish towels, trash bags and plastic baggies. The bottom bins are for produce. On the top shelves I also store whatever I need a space for. My lemons and limes, tomatoes, etc. It's also the perfect place for a vase of flowers.